Ph.D in Informatics
Email: x@y (where x=nguyenthaibinh, y=gmail.com)
I am a Data scientist at Rakuten Inc.
, where I build machine learning models for Geospatial data. The applications that I am building include: human mobility analysis from spatio-temporal trajectories (GPS data) and ETA (Estimated Arriving Time) prediction for the intelligent logistics project; human spatial behavior analysis and customer profiling for online marketing.
Research interests: Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems.
- 2019: Ph.D in Informatics, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
- 2008: MSc. in Computer Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST), Japan
- 2003: BS in Computer Science, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), Vietnam
- 2018 ~ now: Data Scientist/AI Engineer at Rakuten Corp.: Machine learning on Geospatial data with the application in last mile delivery and marketing.
- Summer 2018: Visiting researcher at Deakin University: MAP inference algorithms.
- 2015 ~ 2016: Part-time data scientist at Supership Inc.: Multi-arm bandits and classification models for optimizing online advertisement.
- 2008 ~ 2015: Lecturer at Hanoi University of Science and Technlogy: Data Structures and Algorithms, C/C++, Probabilistics.
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Atsuhiro Takasu (2019). Learning Representations from Product Titles for Modeling Shopping Transactions. In AAAI-19 Workshop on Recommender Systems and Natural Language Processing (RecNLP), Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. [pdf]
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Atsuhiro Takasu (2018). NPE: Neural Personalized Embedding for Collaborative Filtering. In Proceedings of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-ECAI 2018), Stockholm, Sweden. [pdf][code][bibtex]
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Kenro Aihara, Atsuhiro Takasu (2017). Collaborative Item Embedding Model for Implicit Feedback Data. In Proceedings of The 17th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE), Rome, Italy. [pdf][bibtex]
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Atsuhiro Takasu (2017). A Probabilistic Model for the Cold-Start Problem in Rating Prediction using Click Data. In Proceedings of The 24th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP), Guangzhou, China. [pdf][bibtex]
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Atsuhiro Takasu (2017). A Hierarchical Bayesian Factorization Model for Implicit and Explicit Feedback Data. In Proceedings of The 13th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications (ADMA), Singapore. [pdf][bibtex]
- Binh Nguyen, Kenro Aihara, Atsuhiro Takasu (2015). City recommender system based on a latent topic model. In IEICE Technical Report, vol. 115, no. 381, AI2015-42, pp. 95-99, Okinawa, Japan. [pdf]
- Nguyen, T.B., Ho, T.B., Pham, C., Kawasaki, S. (2007). Matching Complex Documents Using Tolerance Rough Set Model. In Proceedings of The 8th International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences (KSS07), pp.156-162, Ishikawa, Japan. [pdf]
- IJCAI 2019, ICDM 2019, RecSys 2019.
- PAKDD 2018.