Recommender System, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
Email: x@y (where x=binh, y=nii.ac.jp)
I am a PhD student at SOKENDAI (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies) and NII (National Institute of Informatics), Japan. My research interests include: Probabilistic modeling, Deep learning and Graph modeling with applications to Recommendation systems.
Highlights of my work is in my CV.
- Probabilistic models
- Deep learning
- Graph embedding
- Recommender systems
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Kenro Aihara, Atsuhiro Takasu, "Collaborative Item Embedding Model for Implicit Feedback Data", in Proceeding of The 17th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE), Rome, Italy, 2017.
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Atsuhiro Takasu, "A Probabilistic Model for the Cold-Start Problem in Rating Prediction using Click Data", in Proceeding of The 24th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP), Guangzhou, China, 2017.
- ThaiBinh Nguyen, Atsuhiro Takasu, "A Hierarchical Bayesian Factorization Model for Implicit and Explicit Feedback Data", in Proceeding of The 13th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications (ADMA), Singapore, 2017.
- Binh Nguyen, Kenro Aihara, Atsuhiro Takasu, "City recommender system based on a latent topic model", IEICE Tech. Rep., vol. 115, no. 381, AI2015-42, pp. 95-99, Dec. 2015
- Nguyen, T.B., Ho, T.B., Pham, C., Kawasaki, S, "Matching Complex Documents Using Tolerance Rough Set Model", The 8th International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences KSS07, Ishikawa, Japan, Nov. 5-7, pp.156-162, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Monbukagakusho scholarship (Japanese government) for Ph.D student (2016 - 2019).
- Monbukagakusho scholarship (Japanese government) for Research student (2015 - 2016).
- Panasonic scholarship (from Panasonic Ltd.) for studying Master in Japan (2006 - 2008).
- Panasonic scholarship (from Panasonic Ltd.) for research in Japan (2006 - 2008).
- Scholarship from the Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam, for excellent undergraduate student (1998 - 2003)
- Research: Probabilistic modeling, Deep learning, Graph embedding, Recommender systems.
- Coding: Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch, C/C++, SQL, Hive, Latex.
- Languages: English, Japanese, Vietnamese.